Jul 25, 2014

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

SWEET SEOUL: CAFFE BENE

 Okay, finally getting down to write something about Seoul! I haven't really thought about documenting about some popular events of my life. But I realized that it could be more interesting if I will give it a try. ( I never been to Seoul but, how I wish I could.) I think everyone would agree with me about people nowadays are fond of staying into a place where they feel cozy, secure and relaxed. Believe me or not, I would feel the same way too. I would likely want to stay in a place where I am safe and not loose-fitting. Hazelnuts latte. Massive comfortable lounges. These are the few things I want to experience. Best break I could ever have!



I would assume, most of us were influenced by Korean culture. From movie to drama, food dishes and the like, and of course, to the most lovable and bubbly Kpop idols whose synchronized dance formations and key movements in choreography made us fall in love! (Real confession: I'm talking  about my K-culture addiction. Hahaha). Korean really love to drink coffee, and my city - our city is all the better for it!  Caffe Bene, Seoul Korea's homegrown specialty coffee franchise brand was designed based on the relaxing, nature and old-style concept to make customers feel comfortable. I found out, this cafe is really popular not just in Korea but overseas. I was charmed and wowed by the depth and breadth of experiences when I knew it opened its doors in Manila. And I was, Oh no! Please bring Caffe Bene in Cebu too!




I have been drinking coffee since I was starting my college days. I remember going to Starbucks when I was the first one who opened the Glendale. Most people don't drink coffee that young, but coffee for me was never taboo in our house. Hahahaha. Korean coffee culture stems from the idea of being a beverage where you get together and meet people. It is not necessarily fuel to start a day, which is why, when you look at any coffee shops, during the morning, it is pretty empty.It's really more of an afternoon and late night hang out. In Korea, I think  there are two things you do other than eating when you go out: coffee or drinking. People stay out drinking all night until six in the morning, like five bottles of soju throughout the night. It's insane! Going for coffee is a way to hang out and talk.That's why Korean coffee shops have great seating, nice ambiance and have expansive space. The materialize interior designed made it look fresh, especially the simple layout and the use of mild colors.The coffee itself can be an afterthought.